The Capital Region Economy and New Housing in Downtown Hartford: What’s Next?
This program will explore macro-level economic trends in the Capital Region and their impact on the development of multi-family housing in Downtown Hartford.
Paul Barrett, a specialist at Cushman & Wakefield on the link between human capital and business location, will lay out the current economic and employment conditions in Hartford and how they are influencing the housing supply and demand in Downtown.
Following his presentation, a panel of multi-family developers, government officials and local business leaders will discuss the opportunities for housing in Downtown and their connection to the broader economic health of the Capital Region.
- Paul Barrett– Consulting Manager, Cushman and Wakefield
- Howard Cohen – Chief Executive Officer, Beacon Communities
- Michael W. Freimuth, Executive Director, Capital Region Development Authority
- Timothy I. Henkel – Senior Vice President, Pennrose Properties, LLC.
- Moderator: Dara Kovel – Chief Housing Officer, Connecticut Housing Finance Authority
Co-sponsored by CCAPA. 1.5 CM Credits available for attendees